A god-like being bestows the reincarnations of her first love with godly powers. The newest reincarnation is not so pleased about having greatness thrust upon them.
“Jason! Jason!” Solyn yells excitedly as she races towards the man that was walking through the front door. Without warning she jumps onto him and clings on. “Jason! Guess what, guess what!”
“What?” Jason asks laughing at her untamed excitement. This was what he loved about her, the way she could express her emotions in a childlike manner that was just so adorable. It could get frustrating at times but in this moment, he knew why he loved her so much.
“I’ve got a present for you!” She leapt off him and bounced down the hall in front of him. He shook his head with a smile and followed after her. They entered the spare room and he saw a small device on the bed. He looked at it in puzzlement as she looked at him expectantly.
“Uh, what is it?” He said in confusion. Her mood faltered for a moment before picking up again.
“It’s done, I finished it, we can finally be together for ever!” Jason looked at her, unsure if she was having a mental breakdown or something.
“We are already going to be together forever, Sol.” She sighed in frustration, the sort of frustration you feel when trying to explain to a child why the grass is green and they just aren’t getting it.
“Touch it, Jason, pleaeeeeeese?” She all but begged him with her adorable blue eyes looking at him like that , how could he say no? He picked up the device and it clicked and whirled before going still and silent. He looked at her puzzled before the world went black around him.
“Jason,” the voice calling his name sounded like an angel. He tried to move but found his body wouldn’t obey. He thought about opening his eyes so he could look at the beautiful woman he knew was standing over him. He could almost see her even with his eyes closed.
“Wha’ happened?” He asked groggily as he finally managed to sit up.
“I fixed the problem, I made you like me. Now we can be together forever.” The excitement was still coming through her voice and he could feel her practically bouncing on the bed as he tried to make sense of what was going on.
“What the heck is that noise?” He asked, looking around for the source of the noise that was assaulting him.
“Oh,” she said thoughtfully, “I guess it will take you a bit to get used to it.” She got up to shut the windows to drown out some of the sounds from the city outside.
“Get used to what, exactly?” The noise was grating on his nerves, it was as though he could hear every sound in the house, every creaking floorboard, the wind finding its way into the kitchen, the fridge buzzing down the hall.
“I made you like me,” Solyn said again as though that explained everything.
“That means nothing to me, Sol,” Jason was beginning to lose his patience, the noise and the way she just expected him to know what was going on was starting to wear him down.
“Every time you die, I find you again and you always die, but now I found a way that we can be together without you dying. I made the device to give you my powers. So now you won’t die, and we can live forever, and be together.” Her voice was so sweet to his ears he almost didn’t hear what she was saying.
“Wait, what? What are you then? What have you done to me? I just wanted to have a normal life with the woman I love. I don’t even know you. Just, just go.” He knew he was probably over reacting, but between the noise and trying to make sense of the situation he just wanted it all to go back to normal. Her face melted into one of uncertainty and sadness as he looked away. He heard her leave the room, and then the house before he fell back on the bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment